“No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit.”
To connect and develop Valuation Surveyors.
To foster learning and professional development by bringing together Valuation professionals in industry, academia, and professional organizations, in a fulfilling and enriching environment.
4.0 2016 – 2017 – “Enhancing the role of valuation professionals in Zambia”
• to protect the public interest by ensuring that our members observe the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct;
• to seek public recognition of a broad range of skilled services that professional valuers can provide;
• to ensure that students of the profession acquire the knowledge, skills and values they need to become members of the profession, and that members maintain and develop that knowledge, skills and values throughout their professional careers;
• to have good standing with students, members of the profession, regulators, government, partner organizations, and users of valuation services;
• to respond to the needs of our members;
• to enhance our reputation as valuation surveyors;
• to promote and protect the objectives and sustainability of the SIZ and the valuation profession;
• to maintain the legitimate rights of members;
• to carry out and publish research;
• to ensure the professional independence of Valuers in whatever capacities they may serve;
• to advance the theory and practice of valuation and related areas in all their aspects;
(a) International Valuation Conference (with Expo)
(b) 2 Continuous Professional Development
(c) 2 Community activities
(d) 2 Environment activity
(e) 2 Breakfast meetings
“Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.”
1- Continuous Professional Development & Conferences
2- Academia & Research Affairs
4- Communication & Publicity
5- Practicing Standards
I would like to speak to the Senior Valuers & New Age Valuers
Things have changed, Years ago:
Twitter was a bird sound
www was a stuck keyboard
Cloud was in the sky
4g was 4grand meaning 4,000
Google was a baby burp
Skype was a typo
Zambia had no SMART phone networks.
But remember Old wine tastes better. So we need the blend of both Senior & New Age Valuers.
“One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.”
[Arnold H. Glasow]
What choice will you make when you leave here today? Will you raise and join us in “Enhancing the role of valuation professionals in Zambia”, or will you go about your normal routine?
We have great challenges and great opportunities, and with your help, we will meet them and make the next year and years to come the best years in our history!”
MERRY CHRISTMAS & A VALUEFUL NEWYEAR